Welcome to the Church of Christ Boksburg West. As an active congregation, we have numerous activities and events and we would like to extend an invitation to everyone who wishes to worship with us. As a congregation, we've chosen five values that drive our commitment to God and His church
- Compassion: Christ calls us to cultivate compassion for a dying world. As a the Body of Christ, we strive to imitate Christ's mission on earth as He showed compassion to all people.
- Commitment: We are committed to our work here on earth and we are committed to our brothers and sisters. When Christ died on the cross for our sins, He showed His ultimate commitment for our salvation.
- Growth: An essential part of our congregation is focused on growth. But, not just growth in numbers, but growing in Spiritual maturity and growing closer to God
- Truth: The Church of Christ is built on the foundation of truth. We follow the God's instructions to the best of our abilities. We teach and practice the truth according to the New Testament
- Love: The most important and all encompassing value is Love. Everything we do is based on love.
The Church of Christ Boksburg West is a small but intimate congregation of people who desire simply to be God-fearing Christians. We believe and practice the teachings of the New Testament to the very best of our ability. Our worship is simple, friendly and open to all.
Our worship resembles the church revealed in the New Testament. It consists of singing, praying, preaching and studying God's Word together. This we do each time we assemble to worship Our Heavenly Father. On each first day of the week (Sunday), we partake of the Lord's Supper together. Everyone is invited to participate in each of these spiritual exercises.
- In one God, Creator of all things, infinitely perfect and eternally existing in three entities; Father, Son and Holy Spirit. (Matthew 28:19)
- That Jesus is the Christ, the Son of the Living God; and, as such, is Head of His body, the Church. (Matt. 16:16; Col. 1:18)
- That He died to atone for the sins of all people and that He was raised bodily from the dead for their justification. (Rom. 4:25)
- That Jesus stands before the Father as our eternal High Priest. (Heb. 4:14-16)
- That Jesus will return to bring to perfection His already inaugurated Kingdom (1 Thess. 5:1-11).
- That people are justified by faith in Him according to the terms of the Gospel laid down in the New Testament. (John 3:16, Acts 2:38, Rom. 10:9-10)
- That the Holy Spirit lives in all Christians, gifting them for ministry, and producing the fruit of the Spirit. (1 Cor. 12:4; Gal. 5:22-23). The work of the Spirit equips Christians to practice the priest- hood of all believers (1 Peter 2:6,10).
- That the Bible is the inspired Word of God and that it is the all-sufficient guide for the teach- ing, organization, and the life of the Church. (2 Tim. 3:14-16).
- That we are to seek the unity of all believers by practicing Biblical Christianity. (John 17:20; Eph. 4: 1-13)
- That the Church is the precious bride of Christ, temple of the Holy Spirit and a primary organ of Gods intervention in the world (2 Cor. 11:2, Rev. 19: 6-8; 1 Cor. 3: 16, 17)
- That the mission of the Church worldwide is evangelism and Christian nurture. (Matt. 28: 18-20)
We are happy to announce that worship services will commence from 3 October 2021, starting at 10h00. We will only have the main worship service until the end of the year
|Adult Bible Study||09h00 - 09h45 (postponed until further notice)|
|Children Sunday School||09h00 - 09h45 (postponed until further notice)|
|Main Worship Service||10h00 - 11h15 (commencing 3 October 2021)|
|Sunday Evening Bible Study||17h00 - 18h00 (postponed until further notice)|
|Men and Ladies Separate Bible Study||09h00 - 09h45 (postponed until further notice)|
Hebrews 10:25 "And let us not neglect our meeting together, as some people do, but encourage one another, especially now that the day of his return is drawing near."
The term, Church of Christ is not used as a denominational appellation. It is simply a descriptive term indicating the fact that the church is the possession of Christ.
This is not an exclusive term to designate the church, because the New Testament also refers to the church as:The church of the Lord (Acts 20:28)
The body of Christ (1 Corinthians 12:27).
The house of God (1 Timothy 3:15).
The church of God (Galatians 1:13).
The church of the Firstborn (Hebrews 12:23).
Members of the Church of Christ believe there are certain steps which must be taken, in obedience to the commands of the New Testament. These steps bring about salvation and at the same time make one a member of the church.
- Hear the gospel: In John 5:24-25, Jesus says, "Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth him that sent me hath eternal life, and cometh not into judgement, but hath passed out of death into life."
- Believe the gospel: "Faith cometh by hearing and hearing by the word of God." We cannot have faith if we do not know what the word of God has to say. Many believe they have faith, and that it is independent of what the Bible actually says. But according to the Bible, men and women can only attain faith through hearing the word of God.
- Repent of past sins: In Luke 13:3, Jesus says, "Unless ye repent, ye shall all likewise perish." In Acts 2, Peter preaches the first gospel sermon, in which he explains to everyone who Jesus is and the horrific crime they had committed in putting Him to death.
- Confess faith in Jesus: Romans 10:8 - 10 reads: "The word is near you, in your mouth and in your heart (that is, the word of faith that we proclaim); 9 because, if you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart othat God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. 10 For with the heart one believes and is justified, and with the mouth one confesses and is saved." We are to confess our faith as instructed in the Bible.
- Be baptised: The person who is a repentant, confessing believer is a person ready to be baptized. To many in the world, baptism is a controversial issue. As simple as the process is and as often as it is commanded in the New Testament, many in the religious world just cannot accept it as the Bible teaches it.
- Be faithful until death: Finally, we must live our lives in faithful and loyal service to our Lord Jesus Christ as God has directed (Revelation 2:10). We must find a congregation that believes and practices as the New Testament directs, following the Word of God, speaking where the Bible speaks, living by His Word and His Word alone. Trusting in God to save us as He has promised those who would be faithful to Him.
Our weekly worship service is God-centred. Worshiping is not about us, but about God and as instructed by His Word.
Our worship services are streamed from our Facebook page. You can also stream it directly from here
For the best streaming experience, please:
Livestreaming will commence at 10h00 every Sunday morning
Please click on the reload button to refresh the page if the streaming is active
Please visit our downloads page regularly for new newsletters and sermons
We are excited to share more about our amazing Father and His Church and look forward to welcome you at one of our worship services. Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any questions and would like to learn more.